With all of the Curriculum on Ministry Grid, you can customize it to fit your church's context.
One way to customize Curriculum is from the Organizational Dashboard. Just select “Build Sessions” from the organization dashboard.
Note: If you don’t have access to the “Build” page, ask your Organization Admin to give you in an admin role that has the “Build” permission.
On this page, there are a two different ways for you to customize Curriculum.
- You can Customize an Existing Session and choose to add or remove content from the existing Session.
- You can Create a New Session and create a new Session where you can upload your own videos, downloads, and more without starting with LifeWay content
If you Create a New Session from scratch, you'll first give your Session a name, and then you'll be taken to the Session Builder. You'll select "Add Step" to get started building training.
Next, you'll choose from the various step types to add to your Session. These include the following:
- Text. Use a Text step to include a welcome message or instructional prompts to your people. These can be used in a variety of ways.
- Upload. This step is an opportunity for the your people to provide a file or document back to Admins. For example, a PDF can be filled out and uploaded by an individual. Admins can access these uploaded files from Manage Assignments in the Organizational Dashboard.
- Link. This step allows you to link to other resources on the web. Just drop in the URL of where you want the user to go to complete that step. This is a great way to share other resources with your church.
- Assessment. You can build short answer, true/false, or multiple choice assessments to include in your Session. Results can be found in Assessment Results in the Organizational Dashboard.
- Download. This step allows your people to download a file as a part of a Session. This includes PDFs, Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents, Pages/Keynote/Numbers documents, images, and more!
- YouTube. Embed a YouTube video directly into Ministry Grid! The video will be played back in Ministry Grid, preventing the user from watching in YouTube. This even strips out all advertising from the YouTube video.
- Video. Upload your own videos in this step to allow your people to stream and watch the video in Ministry Grid. This is a great way for pastors and ministry leaders to share their own videos in their Sessions.
- Vimeo. Embed a Vimeo video directly into Ministry Grid! The video will be played back in Ministry Grid, preventing the user from watching in Vimeo. Ensure your privacy settings are set correctly before assigning training with a Vimeo video.
- MyWSB. Embed a WordSearch Bible embedded link into your Session to send users directly to a specific place inside a commentary or other book from your WSB catalog. Note: Users must have a myWSB account to utilize.
- Audio. Upload your own podcast or other audio files for individuals to complete as a part of their training.
Once your Session is customized, you can quickly share it with your church directly from the Session Builder.
If you want to learn more about how to Assign Curriculum to your church, you can check out this support article.