Select “Build Training” from the organization dashboard.
From there, you can create a new course. You have 2 options to choose from.
You can Customize a Ministry Grid Course that let's you add or remove steps from a Ministry Grid course by choosing one from the training catalog, or you can Create a New Course from Scratch and create a new course where you can upload your own videos, downloads, and more without starting with Ministry Grid content.
If you don’t have access to the “Build” tab, join an organization, or ask your organization admin to put you in a role that has the “Build” permission.
If you create a new Course from scratch, you'll first give your course a name, and then you'll be taken to the Course Builder. You'll select "Add Step" to get started building training.
Next, you'll choose from the various step types to add to your course. These include the following:
- Text. This is an opportunity to present training in the form of written word. Use a text step to include a welcome message or instructional prompts to the user. These can be used in a variety of ways.
- Upload. This step is an opportunity for the trainee to provide a file or document back to the trainer. For example, a PDF application or signed covenant. Admins can access these uploaded files from Manage Assignments in the Organizational Dashboard.
- Link. This step allows you to link to other resources on the web. Just drop in the URL of where you want the user to go to complete that step.
- Assessment. You can build short answer, true/false, or multiple choice assessments to include in your course. Results can be found in Assessment Results in the Organizational Dashboard.
- Download. This step allows the user to download a file as a part of their training. The admin will upload a file when building this step, but the end-user downloads the file as a supplemental resource (or required) resource for training. This includes PDFs, Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents, Pages/Keynote/Numbers documents, images, and more!
- YouTube. Embed a YouTube video directly into Ministry Grid! The video will be played back in Ministry Grid, preventing the user from watching in YouTube. This even strips out all advertising from the YouTube video.
- Video. Upload your own videos in this step to allow the trainee to stream and watch the video in Ministry Grid.
- Vimeo. Embed a Vimeo video directly into Ministry Grid! The video will be played back in Ministry Grid, preventing the user from watching in Vimeo. Ensure your privacy settings are set correctly before assigning training with a Vimeo video.
- MyWSB. Embed a WordSearch Bible embedded link into your training to send users directly to a specific place inside a commentary or other book from your WSB catalog. Note: Users must have a myWSB account to utilize.
- Audio. Upload your own podcast or other audio file for users to complete as a part of their training.